THE CLEAR QURAN FOR KIDS - WITH ARABIC TEXT | HARDCOVER
What makes this translation unique is that it has been edited by kids, for kids. I have worked diligently with a team of students (mostly grade 2-5) to identify difficult words and replace them with easier ones that carry the same meaning.
1. It has been edited by kids for kids, making it very easy to understand.
2. It utilizes the power of stories to explain Quranic passages.
3. Creative illustrations capture the main theme of each surah (chapter).
4. It provides answers to some of our kids' most challenging questions about their faith, their Creator, and the world around them.
5. Hundreds of background stories and words of wisdom make reading both informative and entertaining.
6. Learning points listed at the beginning of each surah highlight lessons that young students can expect to learn.
7. Surahs are divided into themes so that readers know exactly where to start and where to stop when studying or memorizing passages.
8. It empowers teachers, parents, and guardians to explain passages in a simple way that motivates children to learn, love, and live the message of the Quran.
9. Designed with Muslim kids in mind, so they can easily relate to its teachings and be proud of who they are. It is also suitable for reverts and non-Muslims interested in learning about Islam.
10. Translation approved by Al-Azhar, and endorsed by the Canadian Council of Imams and many scholars and educators.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Dr. Mustafa Khattab is a Canadian-Egyptian authority on interpreting the Quran. He was a member of the first team that translated the Ramadan night prayers (Tarawih) live from the Sacred Mosque in Makkah and the Prophet’s Mosque in Madinah (2002-2005). Dr. Khattab memorized the entire Quran at a young age, and later obtained a professional ijazah in the hafs style of recitation with a chain of narrators going all the way to Prophet Muhammad -Lr. He received his Ph.D., M.A., and B.A. in Islamic Studies in English with Honors from Al-Azhar University's Faculty of Languages &Translation. He lectured on Islam at Clemson University, USA (OLLI Program, 2009-2010), held the position of Lecturer at Al-Azhar University for over a decade starting in 2003, and served as the Muslim Chaplain at Brock University and the University of Toronto (Mississauga) UTM, Canada. He is a member of the Canadian Council of Imams and a Fulbright Interfaith Scholar. He has served as an Imam in the U.S.A. and Canada since 2007, and is the translator of The Clear Quran (2015), the author of The Nation of Islam (2011), and Outfoxing Fox News (2017), and contributor to the Encyclopedia of Muslim American History (2010). His forthcoming works include Qamus-ul-Quran (The Dictionary of Quranic Vocabulary) and Shukran (an illustrated story for kids).